Monday, June 6, 2011

Time and a Good Book

It's been awhile since I posted anything....I just haven't had anything to share.  The saying really is true that time heals all wounds.  I've survived Sally's birthday, Easter, Mother's Day, my birthday on which my grandmother passed away, and Memorial Day.  I have found that I gauge life on this weird time frame these days.  This time last year yada yada yada....it's 3 months from what would have been yada yada yada.  Anyway, it's how my mind operates still in this first year of firsts.  


In the meantime, life goes on and you get back in the routine of things.  Then, something bad happens to someone else and you think once again how scary life can be at times, and you hold closely those who are dear to you even tighter than before.


I received some very special books when mom passed away each containing exactly what I needed at that very moment.  Thank you, friends...you know who you are.  It seems some of us have that one special book we use to help comfort others.  I've been giving "The Will of God" out for over 10 years to friends and family when they are experiencing loss and sorrow.  I buy in bulk, and I always keep extra. (Do they read it?  I don't know, but I hope so.) This is a book for those who just don't understand how horrible things are allowed to happen.  I think it's just brilliant, and I've even used content from it more than once in conversation. Those of you who know me know I like "deep."   


Leslie D. Weatherhead does an excellent (excellent!!) job of explaining the different kinds of Will.  A good read for anyone searching for peace and understanding.  


Unfortunately, I had to pull one down this evening.  I'm not sure if this book will help our friends since I can't even imagine their loss, but I'm going to pray really hard that there will be something in it that they can cling to in order to find some semblance of peace.....my heart breaks for them.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment